General question about Indoor LED Hydroponic System
Why do only a few of the plants grow and once grown, they quickly wither?
- The seeds you purchase make a difference. For best results, purchase seeds from reliable sources and avoid purchasing seeds that are unsuitable for water hydroponic devices.
- Ensure you are using the correct proportion of nutrient solution to water.
- Keep LED lights at least 3-4inch away from the plants and place the Gardening.Kit in a 59°F-86°F (15-30°C) environment.
Can sponges be reused?
The Sponges are only reusable if the stem of the plants are completely pulled out, however we do not recommend doing so as the Sponge is most effective during the first use. We offer a specific link to purchase extra Sponges, that please shop from our website.
Does it kill the plant to remove it from a sponge (if l want to move it to a pot, for example)?
The plant should normally survive this move, however it is best to wait until the plant is vigorous and healthy to improve the chance of survival.
Why are the seeds not germinating?
It may impacted by temperature. You may also try to cultivate the seeds in normal soil to test whether it may be a problem with the seeds.
Why doesn’t it bloom or bear fruit?
Make sure the nutrition is enough, always top off water level and add liquid nutrients proportionally.
Why does it get moldy?
- The temperature is too high, causing the enzymes needed for seed germina_x005ftion become inactivate.
- There is too much water and insufficient oxygen, and the seeds perform anaerobic respiration
- The seed itself has wounds and has become invaded by other microorganisms.
- Plants with lush branches and leaves are recommended to be planted at intervals with ample space, which is more conducive to the healthy growth. Cover the vacant holes to prevent insect eggs, molds, or bacteria from falling into the water tank and affecting the growth of plant roots.
- Clean the water tank regularly to avoid bacteria growth. In the process of planting, if there are dead plants and other poorly growing plants, they should be removed in time to prevent root erosion bacteria.
How to prevent the sponge from getting moldy/algae?
basket lables are included in the package to prevent the sponge from getting moldy/algae. You can also cover the sponge with an opaque film, such as tin foil.
What else do I get for this to function?
You just need to buy some seeds, then you can start your planting fun time. This indoor garden comes with accessories set including nutrients, sponges, baskets, basket labels, tags, seeding covers, etc.
What voltage is the power adapter?
The power adapter is 100V~240V.
How much electricity and energy does this consume?
Barely none, the watts of LED light is only 21W.
Can this be used to start flowers from seeds and then transplant them into the garden?
When you see rhizome(plant stems) around the sponge, may you transplant the seedling.
What is the best PH value to use in this product?
The best PH value is between 5.2 to 6.8.